Friday, March 16, 2007

Working and working out, part two

I road my bike to the office today, inspired in part by the unusually warm and sunny weather, in part by this article I read last year about a family of four that lives the suburbs and doesn't have a car.

Before you utter any excuses about having to drop the kids at day care, or the weather being too cold, make sure you read the part about how one mom road her bike to work with a baby. Four miles. In the snow.

Extreme maybe, but to me it's just one example of how to fit exercise into your regular day.

Speaking of inspiration, my friend Jessica's blog about mothers and exercise was supposed to launch yesterday on family.com.

About Jessica: She has a full-time job, two kids AND she's training for an Ironman triathlon.

Me? I just want to make it back up the hill on my commute home.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It's live now! family.go.com/blog/IronJessica

Thanks for the plug!