Monday, June 11, 2007

I love naps!!!

Today was my day with the kids, and a small miracle happened -- both of them napped at the same time!

I can count on one hand the number of times that has happened. Right around the time his sister was born, my son decided to give up naps. I could occasionally coax him into slumber by packing him in the car and driving around the block, but then his sister would wake up as soon as I stopped the car.

Yes, it's been an exhausting year.

Anyways, not only did they both nap today, but they slept for 2 1/2 hours! My mind raced with the possibilities of the things I could do -- re-seed the lawn, check my e-mail, mop the kitchen floor.

But then I reminded myself that I just got over tending to two sick kids, and I was feeling a bit under the weather myself.

So I climbed under the covers in my bed, read for about an hour, then I took a nap, too.

I even woke up before the kids -- and still had time to fold all the laundry.

I feel like a new woman.

I'm the kind of person who needs quiet to rejuvenate, and I realized today how rarely I get any.

Hmm, maybe I'll have to persuade the kids to do this every day.

No comments: